Even if you are vigilant about vacuuming and keeping dirty shoes off of the carpet, your carpet will still eventually need to be cleaned. Dirt gets pushed deep into the carpet fibers where even a high-powered vacuum can’t suction it out. To make sure your carpet looks and smells its best, you will want to call Citrus Fresh Calabasas professional carpet cleaning at least once a year.
• Deep extraction carpet cleaning
• 24/7 emergency carpet cleaning services
• Prompt services from a friendly team of experts
• Evening and weekend appointments at no extra cost
• Non-toxic, child-safe cleaning products
• 100% satisfaction guarantee
We can also help you with upholstery cleaning, rug cleaning, air duct cleaning, hardwood floor cleaning, and water damage restoration services.
Why Is Your Carpet So Dirty?
We say that carpets get “dirty”, but there is actually a lot more stuck in your carpet than just dirt. Carpets absorb all types of particles that are stuck on your shoes or floating in the air. In spring and summer, allergens will sink into the carpet. Sweat from your feet will transfer to the carpet. Cooking oil is particularly damaging to carpets, and a lot more of it gets onto your carpets than you might think – especially in rooms adjoining the kitchen. Then there are all of those stains from spills or pet accidents…
A dirty carpet is more than an aesthetic problem. All of this carpet dirt can impact the air in your home, making it musty and triggering health problems like allergies. If you have pet stains, then the stain can also be a breeding ground for bacteria. To keep your home a healthy environment, you will need to have your carpets professionally cleaned on a regular basis. The EPA recommends professional carpet cleaning every 1 to 12 months.
How to Get Your Carpets Clean
Regular vacuuming can go a long way in keeping your carpets clean. However, vacuums only suck out loose dirt so can’t get out dirt which has adhered to your carpet fibers, like oil residue. Vacuums will also not be very effective in getting dirt out from the carpet padding, which is important for reducing allergies and other respiratory problems. To get your carpets clean, you will need to hire a professional carpet cleaner.
Cleaning Spills on the Carpet: If something spills on your carpet, you should immediately blot the stain. For spills which set quickly, such as wine or coffee, you should call Citrus Fresh Calabasas for professional carpet cleaning as soon as possible. If you do try to remove the stain yourself, here is what you need to know:
• Never scrub: You might think all that scrubbing is getting the stain out. Really, it is just spreading the stain and pushing it deeper into the carpet. Scrubbing also damages the fibers in your carpet. Instead, you should always blot stains out. Pour a small amount of water and cleaning solution onto the spot and then blot. Repeat until the stain is gone.
• Only use a little bit of water: If you pour too much water onto the stain, it will just make the stain sink deeper into the carpet and carpet padding. You then won’t be able to get the stain out with blotting.
Cleaning the Entire Carpet: If your entire carpet is looking dingy or starting to smell, there are some things you can do at home to improve its condition. For example, you might sprinkle baking soda on the carpet and then vacuum it up to get rid of smells. These DIY carpet cleaning methods are okay temporary solutions, but they aren’t going to permanently solve the problem. You need to have your carpets professionally cleaned to get out deeply embedded dirt. If you do decide to follow DIY carpet cleaning methods, keep these things in mind:
• Know your stains: Make sure you are using the right carpet cleaning solution for the stain type. For example, most water-soluble stains can be treated with detergents whereas pet urine stains will only respond to enzyme cleaners.
• Know your carpet fibers: Some carpet cleaning chemicals which work great on one type of carpet can destroy another type. Never apply a carpet cleaner until you know it is safe for your carpet fibers. Even then, always test the cleaner on a small portion of the carpet.
• Turn on fans: If you are wet-cleaning your carpet yourself, then you won’t be able to get out as much water as pros would. To prevent mold and bacteria from growing on the carpet, speed up the drying time by opening windows and turning on fans.
Citrus Fresh Calabasas Will Get Your Carpets Clean – Guaranteed!
If you’ve decided it is time to call in the professionals for carpet cleaning, Citrus Fresh Calabasas is a top choice. We have been cleaning carpets in the Los Angeles area since 1994 and have a team of expert carpet cleaners ready to handle even the worst spills and stains. Call us today to get a free estimate.